Tuesday, October 11, 2011

sewing along

Let's just say I have been inspired lately to sew- so many things to sew! Let me just start by saying I don't truly enjoy the cutting the fabric, pinning it, or gosh...I guess I really don't find much fun it the whole process, but when I'm done I forgot all the the steps I didn't like to do, because I love my finished project (usually) and want to do it over again- kinda like childbirth or not?

Thus far this month I have sewn a ruffle bottom onesie (gift), a ruffle bottom pant (gift), a long sleeve belled sleeve and ruffle collar onesie to match the ruffle bottom pant (gift), and made two bows (gifts)! Check them out and note the source of the patterns for your reference! Now I've gotta get a sewing for Miss Kirby because she's gotta have a matching outfit like her BFF, Hannah! They are gonna be two weeks apart- so we think, but we shall see what GOD does! Check out the post on her Mommy's shower I co-hosted!


So the bow (my first hair bow) I made on a clip and then attached it via the clip to a headband for while she is little and then she can take off once Hannah has some hair to clip it to! The onesie just helps tie it together, although I wish I would of done the sleeves in polka dots and the ruffle around collar in the paisley, but its done and I think it turned out cute! I was pretty impressed with myself, if I do say so myself! Now the pants were my FAVORITE and I think Kirby may end up with way TOO many ruffle bottom pants, because they were pretty easy to make and HOW CUTE are they (statement)!


Now this bow was for Miss Laurel, Ashton's girlfriend, to match her Halloween pumpkin outfit! In order for me to get a picture of it clipped to someone's head, I had to bribe Archer with some candy corn, but he would ONLY do it if I did not get his face in the picture, because he said BOYS were NOT suppose to wear ONLY girls! I laughed SO hard and got my picture! NOW...if you read this blog don't tell Archer that I wrote about this- I just may get into trouble!

Oh dear...I forgot to take a picture of the ruffle bottom onesie, but check out my inspiration! It was too cute with LOTS of pink and baby leg warmers to coordinate, which I just bought at Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment