Monday, July 5, 2010

cowboys

This past week- I joined some of my friends in teaching, 2 year olds, VBS at our church, Houston's First Baptist, and boy OH boy...

It was a blast and a challenge- we had Bible time, craft time, prayer time, music time, play-time, and even had to do time-out, which was not fun! I was not in Archer's room, which was probably best for him and me although I think it would be fun to watch him in a "classroom" setting.

To my dear Archer,
Every time I would pick you up- you would be so filled with excitement from the things that you did that you were going 90 mph trying to tell me everything you did! I think the most favorite thing that you made was a bird feeder that you and your Daddy put in the backyard and waited and waited until finally BIRDS came and you were SUPER pumped until they ate it all and then you were sadden and kept asking Daddy and I for more food for the feeder, not the birds...
Also, you have a little throw away cup sitting on the window sill in the kitchen with grass growing that we cut because if we don't it starts falling over because it grows SO tall! In the morning when we are standing in the kitchen you request to see it and hold it- you hand it back to Daddy or I with a grin upon your face! Your smile just melts my heart...
XOXO-Mommy

Dearest Ashton,
You are such an angel, SPOILED! So day 1 I brought your BM in the bottle and all you ate was 1 ounce, which was NOT enough for my growing boy with those tender thighs of yours! I later put it together from Sunday School and VBS- you eat enough to hold you over till I come to your rescue and then you chow down! I truly didn't want you to starve, but then I debated do I to make you learn to eat from the bottle and I decided not for your sake, but for the lovely folks caring for you to just feed you myself while at VBS!
Also, I am sad to report that you had your first crush, Madison Redweik, while at VBS! She was the one that walked you around the church when you wouldn't go to sleep or eat and she made you smile more than any other! Everyone joked that you two had a love affair that week-
your world, for now,
Mommy

The last day of VBS was themed western wear, so I cut one of Daddy's bandanas, he wears it while he is mowing to keep the sweat out of his eyes, in 1/2 and make each of you little cowboys! BTW: we need to buy Daddy another one because he has been using Mommy's and it is pink...Archer you are too funny: when I told you were a Cowboy you went and got your horse and wanted to hold it while I took your pictures!
Gotta love the life in this picture of Archer and Ashton looking a little confused...I love my boys and feel so blessed by them! They truly LOVE each other and LIFE! Praise the LORD!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post about such a special time for all 3 of you! I totally understand your battle with Ashton and the bottle...Luke does the same for me, only drinks a little from the bottle because he wants mama! It does make it more difficult on us, but it is sweet, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...I feel ya sister! :) I love the sweetness truly and feel so blessed that I am able to share that time with him!

    ReplyDelete