Monday, September 19, 2011

moments not to forget...

This past weekend Archer was hammering away at a crate that some of the wood had separated from the nail with his little plastic hammer and during so he was explaining to Ashton that the nail was like the nails that they hammered Jesus to the cross when he died for us! (TEARS rolled from my face)! Not only was my little angel explaining to his baby brother about Jesus dieing on the cross for us, but that he could tell the story with such confidence! PLUS, he related the nails on a crate to the nails that JESUS endured while playing! I do have to say it is such a blessing to witness this understanding within my children and to know that my eldest is already spreading HIS word and story! PRAISE!

Another note: TONIGHT is the first night that 1- Ashton is in a "big" boy bed (toddler bed) and 2- Archer and Ashton are sharing a room! Thanks to Jodie Connally for letting us borrow Luke's toddler bed so that Ashton can start transitioning into big boy hood, which I am having a hard time with since he is still such a baby to me! Thus far, he is doing really well! I normally read to him while rocking then say a prayer along with a song and the kid did not want to do so- he jumped into his bed, covered himself up, which HE NEVER wants covers on him, and kept saying night night! I finally coxed him into letting me rock him, but we didn't make it through our entire routine, which he was fine with BUT I'M NOT!


picture taken via phone, so not the best, but you get the idea...

As I sit outside the boys door in a rocker that "was" in Archer's room from his nursery hushing not Ashton but Archer to keep myself from getting up and down till the little monkeys fall asleep! Andrew just got home and went in there to check on them and Ashton is sound asleep as Archer still talks away...and gets up to tell me that he is not wanting to go to sleep!

Oh gosh- I better share one more story before I forget it...this past weekend we were at the store and walked down the Halloween aisle to take a peek at the costumes and found Captain America which is not only what I wanted the boys to be, but what Archer is wanting to be because it has an A on it, which is his name! :) We left the store and were driving home when Archer asked me what shoes or does Captain America wear shoes? I told him I didn't know- we would have to ask Daddy and he proceeded to tell me that when we got home we could just look on facebook and we would find the answer! OH MY! I just laughed...

Can't forget the precious moments in our lives that God SO wonderfully blesses us with! I thank HIM daily for the opportunity to be home with my little monkeys! What a treasure and JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment