Monday, September 12, 2011

a new task in life

...so my husband, who is a great encourager to me suggest after watching me one evening "stalk" the blogs I do that I start blogging more about our family, but also about our class socials! I thought why? I barely have time to blog about my family- actually I haven't blog about my family in who knows how long, but after lots of encouragement from him that I could help other classes I'm gonna give it a shot- it's only once a month!

Class socials- you are probably wondering what I am talking about if you are not in my Sunday school class, well...Andrew and I (mainly I, but he puts up with the stress and joy of it, so Andrew and I) took on the role of our class socials over 4 years ago and have been extremely blessed by this role in our class! So I never realized what an impact it makes, but I have been told by many members of our class and those outside of it what a blessing it is to have someone pull together an event for others to be able to build community within, but that it is done in full force- not one detail left out and the ideas are outside the box! Some may think I'm crazy to go to some of the extremes that I do (details to follow), but I really feel like GOD has blessed me with a talent that I can help grow fellowship amongst friends...

So I will eventually blog about all the different socials we have done in our class, but I'll start with this month's plan...a hoe-down to celebrate Veritas' 4th birthday! I felt it was time to dust off the boots and have a celebration as to what GOD has done in our class over the last four years!

Minor details for now: event to be held at Pappas BBQ private dinning room with some good food to eat and then we will have an instructor come in and teach us an intro to the two step and then a country western swing dance to finish us off! Now most of us are true Texans (mainly Aggies too), so no need for a full blown two step lesson, but a swing dance that is gonna be some good fun that I can't wait to witness! Below is the email invitation that I sent out via PINGG at no cost (there are some on their website that cost) and below the decorative invitation are all the details, but you are only able to view if you have been sent the invitation via email (I blocked it for privacy reasons)!


Further details to follow with pictures of the night after September- I don't want to spill the surprise for those attending!

ps- I almost forgot (perhaps pregnancy brain-dear LORD help me) that a dear friend also encouraged me to blog about this as well, Allison White, so that one day when I'm "famous" for blogging about this subject matter, she can assist me in writing a book! She is the grammar junky, so I'll leave that stuff to her! Folks- you just never know where the LORD will lead ya, so pray hard and think big...

No comments:

Post a Comment