Wednesday, September 14, 2011

rewind the last 4 years- September

Let's recap what we have done the last four years for the month of September, which is the month that Veritas was "born!" Really funny story about the first day sitting in a room with about 20ish people in a circle discussing what the idea behind the class was our name, verse, demographics, different roles you could take part in, and goals for the class! After we discussed those topics we were to go around the circle introduce ourselves, how long we had been married, and something interesting about us...Well Andrew and I were about 12 weeks long, pregnant, with Archer and were super excited to share with the folks that we were in the newlywed class with UNTIL the new directors of the class mentioned that our class was pretty much a kid free class and that I'm sure in a few years we would start adding them to the mix...OH MY heart feel at that moment and I leaned into Andrew and said, please don't mention it just yet and he was like shocked I said that and we should because we were super excited and we were just going to be trendsetters for the class! We disclosed and everyone was excited, the directors were thrilled and said things evolve and not to fret! Also, that very same day I stepped up to be social coordinator thinking YAY that is perfect for me and I hope people don't think oh dear the prego girl is going be the social person- joy, but I proved them wrong and by the next meeting I had a flyer with the next 6 months of activities and dates for events that seemed like fun- and they were!



1st year: "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was the name of the event, we went to Charlie's (they are now closed down) hamburgers off West Gray for burgers and fries and chilled till everyone was done, then we carpooled over to the FABulous Chocolate Bar off Richmond about 5 minutes away for dessert, which is were we spent most of the night chatting away and listening to music! NOW I will warn you changing locations can be tricky with a group of folks, but if it is a younger crowd and no kids are involved then GO FOR it! It worked four years ago, but I wouldn't try it now, so I think...

2nd year: "Veritas' 2nd birthday bash" was the event, we went to oh gosh a Mexican food restaurant across the freeway from church where we had a private room, birthday cake, and balloons! It was traditional and it was fun! Folks- not all your events have to be full blown ordeals, but do make them special by tying in details like this one- was simple, but was a "traditional" family style birthday party! PS- Brooke Richards was a HUGE help for this event, Andrew and I were super crazy "busy" for some reason and she stepped up and put forth lots of effort in making this a success! Peps- what I am about to say is HARD for me because I wanna do it and do it all, but it is OK to have others help and you should not only for the sake of your sanity, but for the reason that as a leader we are called to raise up other leaders and if you don't allow others to help or assist then you can never "send" people out to grow his kingdom in other classes- this is a VERY VERY hard lesson for me and I'm still trying to learn it!

3rd year: I SKIPPED, I know that is NUTS for me and I won't advise, but the previous month's event took enough energy to cover me for two months and folks were okay with that! You will soon one day get to ready about that one- it was AWESOME and that's all I'm saying for now "Veritas' Wedding Reunion"

4th year: that brings us to the post about the Hoe-Down, check it out for minor details and after the event I will post the full blown details!

That's the last four years of Veritas for the month of September, so gather some ideas for when it's time to celebrate what GOD has done in your class and enjoy the celebration! PS- you really should STRESS about these events, this is suppose to be fun, and suppose to be a blessing to others as well as yourself in witnessing GOD's word amongst HIS people!

No comments:

Post a Comment