Sunday, December 9, 2012

dinner with captain america

Our night this week included Mexican food with Captain America...Ashton left the house, dressed as Captain America, in what I thought was just going to be one errand to get Andrew his hair "gup" and then we decided to go ahead and meet Andrew for dinner since he was stuck in traffic!

I am not typically that kind of Mom that lets the kiddos rule, but once in awhile a kids gotta have some independence that isn't going to harm anyone, so Captain America it was!

He "paraded" into the restaurant as though he was THE Captain America and underneath it all there was a HUGE grin!  Folks were surprised to see him dressed up in the month of December, but smiled and grinned with pure delight and if I may say so myself my little guy was super confident and super happy with himself as Captain America!
What is it behind that costume that gave him that boost of confidence?  Is it the strength of a super hero afflicted onto him or is it the attention?  I think a little of both!  I loved to see his grin of pride that evening!  Now...the next day when he wanted to leave the house dressed up and the answer from me was a no- that grin and pride turned into a full on tantrum on the floor...

Oh I can't forget that Tortilla Santa made an appearance too... never a dull moment, which is a true blessing in this Mom's eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment