Saturday, October 9, 2010

missed by _______

for sure by two little boys and one big boy!

nothing like coming home and seeing little faces light up with JOY that their Mommy is home, while Daddy takes a deep breathe and realizes he now has his boys Mommy back- (sigh) his wife and LOVE!

I had a FABulous time on the retreat, but I will blog about that in the next day or so, but I MUST share this evening before I forget the details of the sweetness!

Our normal routine- Andrew baths the boys one at a time- I feed and rock Ashton to sleep, Andrew finishes Archer's bath and then they read a book, sing a song, and prayer! I finish up with a hug and a kiss while making him snug as a bug in his bed- making sure his sheets are just right! Well we did all of that, but Archer wanted more Mommy time...

Picture this- he has pulled my head against his and pressed our checks together while his little arms wrapped around my neck and tells me shh...look at my turtle- it has lights in it- his is mad! I told Archer he is not mad- he is sleeping! Archer, "No Mommy-look at him!" I'm done (he released his arms from my neck) you can go! Shh though Ashton is sleeping- tippy toe! Night! Tell lovy night and my 2 Georges (stuffed animals-Monkey)! Mommy said "NIGHT!"

To the living room I went and Archer follows shortly there after...

I don't recall the last time he wanted me to rock him and I miss that so much- just the sweetness of those times! I sang to him and he rested his little head upon my shoulders and then suddenly raised up and asked me about my bobo! I showed him and he kissed it and said I love you and then rested his head again upon my shoulders! OK- my heart just melted! I then lay ed him down in his bed and the said he needed to fix my hair, so he ran his little hands through my hair and said turn-look at your shadow-I did and then he not done yet- YES I know he was procrastinating, but I will buy it since I was gone last night and he had a ROUGH night! Once he was done he told me I was pretty then smacked me with a kiss- asked me what my throat was- he then showed me where his "throap" (that is how he said it) and then grinned really big and lay ed down...

I just LOVE my boys and are SO blessed by their sweetness! God PROVIDED so much this weekend for me- a wealth of knowledge, HE filled my well with HIS words- HOPE, friendships that I couldn't of prayed for, because they are better than my prayers- they are just AMAZING, and children that LOVE, as well as a husband that sacrificed his sanity to give me a chance to get away! Thanks to my dear husband for allow this all to take place!




No comments:

Post a Comment