Friday, October 8, 2010

retreat

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...okay not really, but I am going to Houston's First Baptist Women's retreat in less than 4 hours to recharge my battery! I can't wait...

1. Packed my bag- I did good only one bag- I know it is only for a day and in 1/2, but I am the WORST at over packing! Go figure! When Andrew and I were dating we went on a trip with his folks and I packed SO much that when he picked me up in his BMW-Z3 (limited storage) to meet his parents he was like- this all can't go! I said YES it has to! I can't not take everything I packed! So he smiled and kindly crammed it into his car and POP- the window on the top, which was convertible and some kind of plastic tore! Oh dear- not a way you want to start a trip! Needless to say- I really didn't need everything I packed (a pair of shoes per outfit, which I packed double outfits depending on outing and mood of the day for 10 days)! PLUS, I packed my books to study? I was in college and was trying to do good while gone, so now I am forced to pack what is "needed"! Also I learned that Andrew was and is very patient with me and he did not explode during a "major" blow out all while my parents stood there to witness a not so good thing...

2. Made a LIST for Andrew (husband) so that the boys don't go hungry and get sleep deprived! example: 8am feed Ashton baby food mixed with 1 scoop of oatmeal, 9-9:30 bottle and nap (usually an hour) You get the idea and I come home to hopefully happy rested kiddos and not too stressed out Daddy!

3. Waiting till 4pm for Jodie to come get me so we can go check into hotel and meet the gals for dinner! (thanks for coming to get me Jodie- Andrew needs my car for the boys and running around)

4. Thankful Daughter- Mom is coming over from Conroe to watch the boys so that I can leave and accomplish #3! She is also bringing the boys dinner, so that they don't have to cook! She ROCKS and Andrew is super happy cause it is shrimp alfredo and that is one of his FAVorites!

So off I go to fill my well with the LORD's words and some amazing gals! Ciao-

Archer waving goodbye and telling me not to worry he will take care of Daddy and Squirmy Worm (Ashton)- really it was from the park this week and he was running away from me, because he didn't want to leave nor have a picture taken by me...

No comments:

Post a Comment